Thierry Foucault, HEC Foundation Chaired Professor of Finance
Research: SSRN Author page, Google scholar; IDEAS/RePEc; CV: Here;Profile: Here; HEC Paris Finance dpt: Here
I work on the determinants of financial markets liquidity and informativeness, the industrial organization of these markets, and their effect on the real economy. My most recent papers are on Big Data and new trading technologies, OTC markets, and the effects of stock markets on firms’ decisions (investment, product choices etc.). In 2021, I received a European Research Council (ERC) Advanced Grant for a five years research project on the impact of Big Data and Artificial Intelligence on financial markets and corporate investment. I am co-managing editor of the Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis (JFQA) since Sept 1, 2021.
My working papers are available here and my published papers here. New working papers:
- “Algoritmic pricing and liquidity in securities markets“, available here. Analyze how artificial market makers using Q-learning algorithms behave in the presence of adverse selection.
- “The horizon of investors’ information and corporate investment“, available here. Show that variations in corporate investments at a given horizon is influenced by the quality of investors’ forecasts at this horizon.
- Market Microstructure Summer School: Registration and details here.
- 5th Conference on the Future of Financial Information at HEC, Paris: Program and Registration for in-person participation. Registration for zoom access to presentations: here.
Does Alternative Data Improve Financial Forecasting? The horizon effect, with Olivier Dessaint and Laurent Frésard. Forthcoming Journal of Finance.
Technology and Finance, with D. Duffie, L.Veldkamp and X.Vives, June 2022.
- Inventory Management, Dealers’ Connections and Prices in OTC Markets Journal of Finance, 2021 (with JE Colliard and P.Hoffman).
- Demand for information, uncertainty and the response of U.S. treasury securities to news, Review of Financial Studies, 2020 (with H.Benamar and C.Vega).
- Noisy Stock Prices and Corporate Investment Review of Financial Studies, 2019 (with O.Dessaint, A.Matray and L.Fresard).
- Corporate Strategy, conformism, and the stock market Review of Financial Studies, 2018 (with L.Frésard).
- Data Abundance and Asset Price Informativeness, Journal of Financial Economics, 2018 (with J.Dugast). See Finance Theory Group Insights series for a digest.
- Is trading fast dangerous?, in Global Algorithmic Capital Markets: High Frequency Trading, Dark Pools, and Regulatory Challenges, 2019.
You must be logged in to post a comment.